Annabel the Coach
I spent many years of my life desperately searching for what I wanted to do ‘when I grew up’. I knew it had something to do with helping people thrive and develop but just couldn’t find the right channels. In 1999 I discovered Life Coaching and knew I’d finally found what I’d been looking for. I’ve now been coaching for sixteen years. I’m based in Salisbury, Wiltshire and work with clients both face to face and by phone/Skype.
Here’s a summary of my training, qualifications and credentials:
- Graduated in 2003 from a two-year accredited coach training programme with Coach University (based in the USA)
- Member of the ICF (International Coach Federation) – the international governing body for the coaching profession.
- In 2005 I was awarded the ICF’s Professional Certified Coach (PCC) credential. This included proof of 750 coaching hours and extensive written and practical exams. This credential was renewed in 2009 and again in 2013.
- I’m fully committed to credentialing for coaches. I believe it helps to reassure clients that coaches with credentials are qualified to an officially recognized standard. I regularly participate in Continuing Professional Development to improve my skills
- My Values are Integrity – Truth – Laughter – Respect – Fairness – Excellence
- My coaching style is calm and empathetic but challenging (and according to one client, ferrety!) when needed. My clients often tell me they leave their sessions feeling really inspired and motivated.
I adhere to the ICF Code of Ethics.
Annabel has the qualities you should seek in a masterful coach — to name but a few… high integrity, advanced listening skills, the ability to cut to the heart of the matter with incisive questioning, warmth and intelligence. I highly recommend her!
Annabel the Individual
I feel incredibly lucky to have had a diverse and unconventional life. I lived overseas for fifteen years (five years in Indonesia and ten in Los Angeles, Southern California) and have travelled widely.
I’ve survived divorce, earthquakes, riots, moves, bereavements and many career changes. So change and the concept of reinventing oneself is something I understand really well.
I’ve learned a lot about life over the years and bring that knowledge and wisdom to my work. I believe my life experiences help me to understand and empathize with my clients and add to my effectiveness as a coach.
Professional experience includes: Radio Journalism, Writing, Stage Management, Administration, Teaching English as a Foreign Language and setting up Inter-Generational programmes in L.A.
After much travelling I’m now settled in the South of England in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. I’m interested in spiritual matters and love the countryside, walking and organic gardening. My allotment is symbolic of my life: quirky, somewhat unconventional but surprisingly productive!
The Islands In Between – a travel book about my experiences travelling off the beaten path in Indonesia (1989 & 2001 Impact Books)
52 Ways to Handle It – a compilation of inspiring, practical Coaching Tips – one for every week of the year (2003 Winter Press)
52 Ways to Transform Your Life – Just Published – Download a Free Taster Here!
Warning: Annabel’s book might seriously change your life … for the better.